Division of Youth & Family Services (DYFS) Lawyer
Bergen County Family Lawyers Fighting for Your Children
The Division of Youth & Family Services (DYFS) is now called the Department of Child Protection and Permanency (DCCP). Contact our team today to learn more.
Have you been falsely accused of child abuse or neglect? It is not uncommon for these types of allegations to arise in the midst of child custody or divorce disputes. Because these accusations are taken very seriously in New Jersey, you could be at risk of having your children put into the foster system or even put up for adoption under certain circumstances.
If there are child abuse or neglect allegations made against you that make it seem as if your children are not safe under your care, then be sure to speak with our Bergen County family law attorneys at Moskowitz Law Group, LLC without delay. We have more than five decades of combined legal experience and are highly adept at handling these types of cases.
What Is DYFS?
The Division of Youth and Family Services is a child welfare agency that is devoted to ensuring the safety and well-being of children all throughout New Jersey. When abuse or neglect claims are made, it is DYFS that is assigned to investigate further into the allegations and to have a safer child custody arrangement put into effect whenever necessary. In cases where they find the child has been harmed or is at risk of being hurt, then the children are moved into foster care or alternative residential placement to ensure their safety.
This is what you need to know:
- The foster home system in New Jersey is made up of families and individuals who have completed a comprehensive licensing program and have been deemed fit to properly care for a child for a designated period of time.
- If the court finds that it will never be safe for the child to return home, then the court will begin making arrangements to begin the adoption process to find the child a more permanent home.
Have Your Children Been Taken Away?
We understand the fear and desperation that parents can feel when they have had their children taken away from them. Our caring legal team is here to act as your support and assertive legal advocates during this difficult time. We understand how the DYFS agents work and operate in New Jersey and we stand ready to help clear your name of any allegations.
Moskowitz Law Group, LLC: Legal Advocacy for Defendant Parents in DYFS Actions
Here at Moskowitz Law Group, LLC, our New Jersey family law lawyers are committed to representing parents who have had their parental right rights terminated in DYFS actions. Let us help you prove to the court that you are indeed fit to be a parent and that your children are safe under your care. If you have lost what matters most to you based on allegations of abuse or neglect, then don’t delay in seeking our help.
You should hire us to represent you for the following reasons:
- Our Hackensack family law attorneys have extensive experience handling DYFS cases involving the Division of Child Protection and we can help you navigate through the child welfare court system.
- We can advise you on what to do next and we can represent you in the fight to get your children back.
- We have a track record of success representing defendant parents at trial in these types of cases and we stand ready to assist with your DYFS case.
Results May Vary Depending On Your Particular Facts and Legal Circumstances.
Contact our firm today to speak with our team of Bergen County family attorneys.