Daniel Pelic, Esq.
Daniel Pelic, Esq. is an associate with the Moskowitz Law Group. Mr. Pelic concentrates his practice in matrimonial and family law litigation and related matters. His practice also includes appellate work. He has practiced in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division and Supreme Court of New Jersey. His trial experience includes custody trials and domestic violence trials in restraining order cases.
Mr. Pelic understands that clients looking for representation in matrimonial and family law matters are likely experiencing some of the most upsetting and stressful experiences of their lives. Mr. Pelic takes great pride in advising and guiding clients through these matters and works tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome.
Following law school, Mr. Pelic had the rare privilege of being selected to serve two consecutive judicial clerkships. Over the course of his clerkships, he drafted hundreds of judicial opinions setting forth his judges’ decisions. He leverages his knowledge of judges’ decision-making processes when representing his clients.
Mr. Pelic’s pro bono work has included representing plaintiffs in domestic violence restraining order cases and assisting indigent veterans in child custody and child support related matters.
Mr. Pelic published The Compendium of Family Law for Law Clerks, a treatise on family law that is referenced extensively by Family Part law clerks in the Morris/Sussex Vicinage.
- Adoptions & Contested Adoptions
- Alimony & Alimony Modification
- Appeals and Opposing Appeals
- Arbitration in lieu of Trial
- Child Abduction
- Child Custody/Parenting Time & Custody/Parenting Schedule Modification
- Child Relocation & Removal
- Child Support & Child Support Modification
- Civil Name Changes
- Cohabitation & Alimony Suspension/Termination
- College Expense Contribution
- Constructive & Callahan Trusts
- Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P, formerly DYFS) Proceedings
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders & Amendments to Restraining Orders
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order Contempt Defense
- Emergency Child Placement Orders
- Emergent Applications in the Family Part & Appellate Division
- Enforcement of Agreements and Orders
- Equitable Distribution (Division of Marital Assets & Liabilities)
- Grandparent Visitation
- Interstate Custody & Child Support Issues
- LGBTQ/Poly Family/Multi-Parenting Agreements & Disputes
- Paternity Issues
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Psychological Parenthood
- Separation Agreements
- Termination of Parental Rights
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law – Newark
- B.A., Rutgers University – New Brunswick
- The Honorable Michael E. Hubner, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part
- The Honorable Daniel D’Alessandro, J.S.C. (Ret.), Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division
- Ciulla v. Ott, 2019 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1558 (N.J. App. Div. Jul. 9, 2019)
- L.L. v. M.V., 2020 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1595 (N.J. App. Div. Aug. 12, 2020)
- Mennen v. Mennen, 2019 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 753 (N.J. App. Div. Apr. 2, 2019)
- Mennen v. Mennen, 238 N.J. 486 (2019)
- Mennen v. Mennen, 2020 N.J. LEXIS 57 (N.J. Jan. 14, 2020)
- The Compendium of Family Law for Law Clerks (Aug. 2017)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- Trained volunteer with the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project (BWLAP) and Jersey Battered Women’s Services (JBWS)
Prior Work Experience
- Townsend, Tomaio, & Newmark, L.L.C.
- Hartmann, Doherty, Rosa, Berman & Bulbulia, L.L.C.
- Stern & Kilcullen, L.L.C.
- The Law Offices of Brandon J. Broderick