Galit Moskowitz, Esq.
If you’ve made the difficult decision to divorce, you may be angry or feel betrayed. You may even feel like seeking revenge. As a child of a complicated divorce, I felt my parents’ pain and carried my own heartbreak and confusion. Ever since that experience, I knew that one day I would dedicate my life to helping families who also face this challenging circumstance. I determined that I would assist them in easing the divorce process and beginning a new life.
In order to accomplish my goals, I studied Administration of Justice and Psychology in my bachelor’s degree at Rutgers University to better understand the law and people’s behavior. I then received my Juris Doctorate law degree with an Excellence in Torts Award.
Galit Moskowitz, Esq. is proud to be certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, an accreditation earned by only about 2% of attorneys in the state of New Jersey. To qualify for matrimonial certification a New Jersey attorney must: be a member in good standing with the New Jersey state bar for five (5) years or more; fulfill ongoing continuing legal education requirements; demonstrate a substantial level of experience in matrimonial law and be favorably evaluated and recommended by other attorneys and Judges who can vouch for their work. The applications are scrutinized and must be approved by the board on attorney certification. Only after all these criteria are met is the attorney eligible to take the written examination in matrimonial law, which they must pass in order to be Certified as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.
Supreme Court certification is a rare designation that sets attorneys apart as experts in their field. This shows clients that their attorney has mastered their area of practice, thus providing clients with comfort that they are in good hands by being represented by a certified attorney.
Galit has met the rigorous standards for qualification and is honored to be recognized by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Matrimonial Lawyer.
Attorney Galit Moskowitz has been practicing exclusively in the area of family law for over 15 years. I handle cases related to divorce, contested divorce, high net worth divorce, uncontested divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, dissolution of civil unions and domestic partnerships, palimony, domestic violence, grandparent visitation and international child abduction. You can read more about my experience and career below.
Galit Moskowitz, Esq. is proud to be certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, an accreditation earned by less than 1% of attorneys in the state of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- New York
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized by AVVO and (201) Magazine
- Award of Merit from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 2004.
- Rutgers University, Magna Cum Laude, 1998
- Bachelor of Science, Administration of Justice
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology and Hebraic Studies
- Hofstra School of Law, 2003
- Juris Doctorate
- Excellence in Torts Award
- “The Hague Convention on International Child Abduction and the Grave Risk of Harm Exception: Recent Decisions and Their Implications on Children from Nations in Political Turmoil.” Family Court Review, Volume 41, No. 4, October 2003, 580-596.
- Co-author of “In The Interest of Children of Same Sex Couples,” Journal of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Volume 19, 2005, Number 2.